Sep 4, 2006

Helmet cleaning

I thoroughly cleaned up my lid yesterday, and I've run into a bunch of trouble. First off all, the helmet has one of the those tool-less removal type shields and when I removed it, I found that the plate on which the shielf mounts has two orange spots on it. The screw heads have rusted spectacularly. Not really a bright spot in a man's morning. But that's still ok.

But today morning, riding with a squeaky clean shield created a new problem. I normally ride with the shield open just a crack. Just enough to let wind in and stop it fogging up. So far, it's worked perfectly - you set the angle and up to a 130 kph, the shield holds it place. But not today. It worked like greased lightning and even at 20 kph, the damn would click properly shut. And promptly begin to fog... maybe I shouldn't have been so thorough, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey put some other guys blog links on ur blog...

u can start by adding me..
:-)


I have ur blog on my blogroll.. Check it out

Unknown said...

hello again...

i spotted this AGV helmet which seemed to have "notches" to the visor so that you could keep the visor open to the degree you wanted without it "falling" all the way down. maybe that can help you with the open visor thing :-)

Unknown said...

had a nasty experience today... decided to ride with the visor down and all was ok as long as there was some speed (helmet has those small vents that can be open and closed) but the moment i slowed down and just about came to a halt, poof !!! instant fog... fortunately i could see just enough to avoid trouble, but then it was back to the open visor riding...