Nov 15, 2006

Yamaha Gladiator Type JA

Yamaha Gladiator Type JA
Mystified by the advertisement, I called up a number of Yamaha dealers and one company man to find out what the Type JA Gladiator was. I shouldn't have, now I am even more confused. But here is what I've got.

  • Yamaha Gladiator Type JAThe Gladiator Type JA has a monstrously ugly name
  • The Gladiator Type JA has snake graphics
  • The Gladiator Type JA has snake design seats
  • The Gladiator Type JA has a black look
  • The Gladiator Type JA has the same Yamaha logo as M1 (don't ask)
  • The Gladiator Type JA has alloy wheels in black
  • The Gladiator Type JA has alloy wheels in silver
  • The Gladiator Type JA has spoke wheels, alloys are optional
  • The Gladiator Type JA has company alloys, not cheap Chinese ones
  • The Gladiator Type JA is not a limited edition
  • The Gladiator Type JA is priced like a limited edition
  • The Gladiator Type JA is Rs 53287 on road Pune
  • The Gladiator Type JA is Rs 56378 on road Pune with alloys
  • The Gladiator Type JA is otherwise a stock bike
  • The Gladiator Type JA has clear lens indicators
  • The Gladiator Type JA is no big deal, really
  • The Gladiator Type JA is freakishly expensive
  • The Gladiator Type JA is... why would anyone buy one?
  • The Gladiator Type JA is... who would ride a bike with John's name on the tank... oh, you would? Really?
  • The Gladiator Type JA. is. Enough.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well except for the name and the price things look good to me ;)

Well could you tell me how much I should be paying if I want to get my bike done all (engine, chain guard, pillion grip, exhaust) black in a paint job. The dealer I brought it from is asking for 1500 bucks and I thought it was very high.

And alloys ... hmmm. Still thinking about the options in that. Hey but I must afdmit this is a swell bike in mileage. I am getting more than 62.5 KMPL on road in reserve to reserve after first service. Heard a rumour that alloys are significantly heavier to reduce mileage figures. Do you think so and by about how much?

Anonymous said...

Either Yamaha seems to be playing games or its dealers are at it as usual. The complany is selling the bike with alloys in Delhi without any price difference, The same bike is 2500 bucks dearer in Chennai compared to the spoked model. And this so called JA Type raises the bar further 2k making it 4500 more. Guess I am happy with my Blue Black bike. Will put in under the nozzle for an all black job next year and hopefully it should be done for less than 1.5 K which would not be too bad a deal I guess.

Unknown said...

Dhoom macha de ... naah !

p2xx kab, kahan aur kaise.

ciao
gr

Anonymous said...

BTW who would want to ride a John ?

anonymous (for reasons of making such an obvious kadi)

sideways... said...

one of the oldest marketing tricks. to put something that no one has a clue as to what it is. Well i thought it was one sms contest where in you had type ja to a mobile no to win what john abraham is going to wear in his next movie