Have seen all the posts at my blog on the subject of braking? Don't worry about it. Neither have I. No, wait, I must have... I wrote the lot. Anyhoo, browsing through the 800-odd posts, I came with the top 10 posts I've written that talk extensively about braking technique and practice.
- Hidden riding tips
A post about the new-fangled electronic systems on motorcycles are showing us the way to go faster, if we can make that connection
- Rear disc brake: how to stay unlocked
That rear disc looks lovely, but I keep skidding about all the time... the post with the solutions
- Sliding front: emergency maneuvers So, now that you have managed to lock up that front wheel, you've got a fraction of time before it goes pear shaped. What can you do?
- Light on the brakes No, it isn't just about braking hard. It is also about letting the people behind you know that you're braking hard
- Braking: How to use the front disc effectively
The first thing you need to understand, is how the damn thing works
- Braking: Exercise One - Smoothness
Getting used to the feeling of braking, and balancing weight transfer and brake force
- Braking: Exercise Two - Faster
Now that you've got the basics right, let's do this a bit faster
- Braking: Exercise Three - Harder
Come on, now, put your back into it. This one is about panic braking
- Braking: Summary
The upshot of the braking exercises. In 5 words or less
- Disc brakes fading away?
Brakes feeling loose and flabby. A quick trimming tip