Apr 12, 2006

Cruiser cool

Yes, I've never liked cruisers either. But, I love the website motorcyclecruiser.com. Not for its news, or its tests, but for this page. Their street survival page is one of the best in the business, and I also love the fact that it keeps growing. Art Friedman, (not to be confused with Thomas, who publishes tomes about Rakesh and Amit aka Tom and John), is a stellar contributor to the list of riding tips and hints on the website. The range of advice spans the range from altering your attitude to riding and motorcycles, to pure skill-based ones. And it's very much a work in progress. I more or less always find an addition to the list of articles when I return on a bi-monthly basis, roughly.

The first time I ventured into this site, I thought, cruiser riders, what a load of slow-moving hippos. Why would they need a street survival section at all. After all, they're usually jut holding up traffic, right? But my preconceptions about that 'type' of motorcyclist were no match for my admiration of the depth of skill and knowledge that lies here. Come one, come all.

Oh, and while you're at it, you might enjoy their tech section as well...

No comments: