Apr 5, 2006

New Enough!

Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket from newenough.comI am writing today to tell you about newenough.com. This family run web business used to deal with motorcycle leathers, but has since caught up with the times. The site uses a simple, quick interface and is very easy to navigate. But that's not the main part of this story. I have in the past two years purchased a whole bunch of riding gear off them, and they've been quick, efficient and faultless. The gear has arrived within the promised schedule, and I've never even needed to complain.

Paul, the owner is a gem, and he appears to be able to respond to each and every email personally. I don't know how. He also appears to have the time to write about 150 words about each and every piece of kit the website sells. These words are not the sales pitch, they are relevant 'user' level information. I'm amazed. They ship to most countries around the globe, including India. To ship outside the US, you have to click the International link, which you should spot right on top of the page in a small grey tab. My research when buying four pairs of gloves, one jacket and one pants shows that their prices are usually the lowest too, even compared to eBay.

6 comments:

SamY said...

this is a wonderful blog ... I love biking n just got into trouble n not in a position to take back for another two months :( ... dyu have any tips on how to fall or react for bike accidents :)

do you know of clubs / cliques who take time off to go on with stunts?

really likes u'r blog

rearset said...

About accidents? Well, I'm working on a post. But in the meantime, here's a link that I think really works. http://msgroup.org/DISCUSS.asp. I can't hyperlink it in the comment. But it appears as Motorcycle Tips & Techniques in the link section - right side sidebar. You'll find a whole bunch of crash information, from the physics of it, to how hard parts of a motorcycle affect crashes, reaction times, how to handle a crash and how to avoid them in the first place.

rearset said...

About clubs that stunt. Well, there is always xbhp.com. Although truth be told, they're a bit wild for my taste. There is also the always helpful Vijay 'Wheelie' Agarwal. He can be reached at +91-9869041801, he's a stunt nut and I think the club he rides with, Warriors?, stunts about a bit. There's also people in Pune and stuff, but I haven't the details.

Anonymous said...

Have you ordered through an Indian credit card at newenough and made the delivery at a US based address. Their site mentions that this can be done through PayPal but I am not sure. Could you tell me what best you recommend for making payment if desired through an Indian credit card. Otherwise I will just have to get a draft made and ship it across.

rearset said...

I have. I invariably use an indian credit card and I have an Indian-Verified Paypal account as well.

rearset said...

Besides, they're very helpful. Just email them...