Apr 28, 2006

Glad to meet you

Yamaha Gladiator from the Auto ExpoYamaha is all set to launch a new 125cc motorcycle called the Gladiator. A friend in the business called yesterday to say this, 'I rode it. It has a five-speed gearbox and I managed to easily see 100 kph in fifth. It feels good to ride.' I also hear that journalists are getting a preview in the first week of May. Is this the bike that marks the return of Yamaha? The Gladiator is rumoured to have a normal fairing on the Fazer's lines, which is nice. Obviously some stickering will happen (the Fazer was naked, so stickers will distinguish the Glad). I hear that the engine is derived from the Fazer's but is muscled up to return a more performance-oriented feel. If it does get the Fazer's ergos, it will be the most comfortable 125cc motorcycle on sale in India. Can't wait. Oh, and nothing of the Two Gladiator concepts from the Auto Expo made it to the bike as far as I can make out. Fortunately, I happen to think that's a good thing.

On a related note, Economic Times carried a story saying that 24 motorcycles are to be launched this year in India. Bring it on, I say.

Other posts about
All the 125s: Table
Yamaha Gladiator: Images Launch Expo photos Expo text Compared to the Shine
Suzuki Heat: Expo text Expo photos Zeus Ride Report
Honda Shine: Mumbai launch TVC criticism Launch Compared to the Gladiator
TVS Victor Edge/GLX: Launch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man..
ur blogs are superb..am also a bike maniac...
can u sent me details about gladiator and fazer 250..
i mean the power , prices..my id is dpz_x@yahoo.com..hope yu will do it...

bye