Jan 19, 2007

Not taking a Shine to it... Sorry

Honda Shine 125Rode the Honda Shine again after a really long time today. Had a big surprise. Especially since I've basically been riding a mooched Hero Honda CBZ X-Treme, and another even more mooched Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi. Here's what I learnt

  • What the...? This thing has quite a bit of vibration at city speeds. The corner cut by not adding vibe dampers wasn't a good one to cut

  • It feels absolutely tiny and under-fleshed to ride. Almost malnourished. But I guess, compared to the girth of both of the other bikes I've been on, that's to be expected, right?

  • The Shine's a first batch one, so I had to kick start it. I could not, for the life of me, remember the last time I kick started a motorcycle

  • Brakes felt spongy too. The 220 and the XTreme both have sharper, stronger units.

  • And what's with the ride quality? I thought I got bumped around a fair bit more than I remember from the last Shine ride

  • I stick by what I said. I still wouldn't buy one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've basically been riding a mooched Hero Honda CBZ X-Treme, and another even more mooched Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi" ..... What the... Did I miss out on something??? You are riding the 220? You got one?? Wat abt the good ol' gladiator??

Hrishi said...

Your thoughts on the 220 pls... Not all of us are fortunate enough to throw a leg over the lastest bikes :P