Feb 21, 2007

Copycat on carandbikeforum.com


Guess what, after the episode where one member for mouthshut.com posted my Honda Shine review (Copycat on MouthShut), my work has been plagiarised/stolen for the second time. For the record, the chaps at mouthshut were very prompt and while I don't know if a d_tanwar got a rap on the knuckles, the post disappeared within hours of my emailing them a note.

This time, my detailed Shine versus Gladiator has appeared verbatim at carandbikeforum. I have emailed the support id at carandbikeforum reporting the theft. If imitation is a form of flattery, please don't flatter me. I don't deserve it.

On the right is a screenshot from the copied post and here is the link to my original post (Yamaha Gladiator versus Honda Shine). I would like to believe that this was just a mistake and whoever posted the article fully intended to put a link to my blog but simply forgot – posting other people's work to the net is hard work. And I have told them that I'm essentially okay with them carrying this content as long as they give me a link and credit for the material.

Which is what I would have done if they had asked me if it was okay to carry that piece in the first place...

Anonymous, who told me about this in the first place. I am grateful. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the copy cats seriously dont have any sense of language or subject knowledge at all.

otherwise why should they do such nonsense,if they want to steal at all,they should do it from a really valuable,good source. lol...just kidding!

rearset said...

Okay you are officially not welcome at my blog. lol...just kidding! 8-D

Anonymous said...

Actually Rearset,
If u see pther posts they are just Cut copy paste frm various bike n car mags...

Unknown said...

here's something intersting on the copy paste thing...

Yahoo says sorry for plagiarising cookery notes

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/India/Yahoo_says_sorry_for_plagiarising_cookery_notes/articleshow/1755439.cms