In continuation of its Press Release of Monday 4th September 2007 concerning the following matter, Bajaj would like to state as follows –
- Bajaj continues to be anxious about and prepared to defend its DTS-i (Digital Twin Spark – ignition) patent in the event of any attempted infringement, as it has successfully done in recent years.
- This will be clearly and finally evident only if and when an offending product is actually launched.
- Bajaj anticipates that in view of its having articulated its intentions in no uncertain terms, no such offending product would be launched.
- Thus, for now Bajaj has no further comment to offer on this matter until such launch.
- Bajaj considers it unfortunate that hitherto healthy competition has deteriorated in this manner.