Here it is, Bajaj finally launched the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi officially in Delhi on June 25. Below is the full press release. Scroll down further for the other press release from the same event, or use the related links for more posts...
BAJAJ AUTO LAUNCHES THE EXCITING NEW 220 CC PULSAR DTS-FI
Mumbai, June 25 2007: Bajaj Auto, the pioneer in performance biking has further extended the portfolio with the launch of the new 220 cc ‘Pulsar’ DTS-Fi in Delhi today. The new Pulsar DTS-Fi (Digital Twin Spark-Fuel injected) is the first bike from Bajaj Auto with the powerful combination of twin spark plugs and fuel-injection technology and is an ultimate machine for the performance motorcycle enthusiast. The latest offering has set new benchmarks in technology, performance, and styling to address the needs of a growing segment of pro-bikers.
The biggest feature is the fuel injection, which gives the bike that linear power curve, crisp feel and instant throttle response so essential for a power bike. Besides the mesmerizing looks, the motorcycle boasts a highly refined low noise, no vibes 220cc motor that gives a heady 20 BHP & 1.95 kgm of torque. The bike also comes equipped with an Oil cooler, which helps maintain Lube oil viscosity under extreme conditions of stress and ambient temperatures. Helps in cooling the engine internals. The bike will only be available in first-of-its-kind chain of 'Probiking' showrooms. Designed for biking enthusiasts, the showroom offers prospective "probikers" a chance to test-ride the bikes on a specially designed Indoor dynamometer
It’s also features both front and rear tubeless tyres, which besides offering superior stability are safer than conventional tube types and in sync with the offerings abroad for similar applications. The rear tyre is the broadest in its category to ensure better road grip and stability.
The new digital console is an advanced version of the latest Pulsar family. Apart from the Digital Odometer, Digital Speedo Meter, Digital Fuel Gauge and two Digital Trip Meters, the console on the 220 cc Pulsar DTS-Fi has indicators for Air filter condition, Engine temperature, Battery voltage and Oil level, all of which contribute to enhancing rider info for trouble-free riding.
Another is the use of split seats for styling and comfort. The split grab rail perfectly compliments the new rear chiseled looks. It is equipped with an electric start as the sole means of engine cranking, dispensing with the kick lever.
Mr. Amit Nandi, General Manager (Marketing), Bajaj Auto Ltd said, “The Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTS-i took biking to a new level, and the new Pulsar DTS-Fi is all set to take it to even greater heights. With the launch of Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi, we have created a new technological benchmark for the bikes in performance category. The bike joins the immensely popular Pulsar family, which is now available in four stylish versions across a range of price and performance points.”
He added, “We are continuously enhancing our product offerings to premium segment and this launch of Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi would further reinforce our focus of offering outstanding technology and performance to pro-bikers.”
The bike would be available at exclusive Probiking showrooms at select locations across the country. Performance biking now also comes at an attractive price of Rs.81280/- ex showroom, New Delhi.
More about Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi
The Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi’s is supported with some of these technologically advanced features.
- Fuel injection technology for best in class fuel economy, with low variability and least tail pipe emissions.
- A lowered Headlamp/Fairing assembly alongwith a high tail-end, gives the bike an aggressive, ready to pounce stance.
- An all Stainless Steel exhaust with a Aluminium clad canister for genuine sporty looks and long life.
- Large 37 mm Front forks for class leading vehicle dynamics.
- Large 260 mm front disc for strong and predictable stopping power.
- Large 230 mm rear disc brake, enhancing braking performance and control.
- A unique Auto filament Switchover feature comes into play incase one of the two Headlamp filaments stops functioning. The headlamp switches over to the other working filament.
- A unique Battery Energy Conserving feature which regulates the no of continuous cranks.
- Sleek, Twin row, Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) for the tail and brake lamp requiring “Zero Maintenance”.
- Backlit, Non-Contact type, Soft-touch Handlebar Switches.
- Self-canceling Indicators that switch off when the turn has been completed and the handlebar comes to a ‘straight ahead’ position with a pre-set automatic switch off function, even if the turn has not been undertaken.
- Smooth, positive, virtually friction-free gearshift feel with new shifter assembly, an integrated over-shift preventor, and shift forks with rollers mated to a change drum.
- A Low Maintenance Battery with a unique venting valve, drastically reducing the need for frequent electrolyte topping-up.
- High capacity ‘O’ ring Drive chain for smooth operation and long life in harsh operating conditions. Along with a small plastic top chain cover makes for clean uncluttered looks, commensurate with the bikes image.
- Rear end equipped with Nitrox shock absorbers employing optimized spring and damper characteristics, for all riding conditions.
Engine Type 4-stroke, DTS-Fi, Air and Oil cooled Displacement 220 cc Max Power 20 Ps/14.72 kW Max Torque 1.95kgm / 19.12 Nm Suspension Front Telescopic forks 130 mm stroke Rear Triple rate spring, 5 way adjustable, gas charged NitroX shock absorbers Brakes Front 260mm hydraulically operated disc brake Rear 230 mm hydraulically operated disc brake Tyres Front 90/90 x 17” Tubeless tyre, shod on aluminium alloy wheels Rear 120/80 x 17” Tubeless tyre, shod on aluminium alloy wheels Fuel Tank Full 15 Lts Electricals System 12V DC Headlamp 55/55W, Projector and Parabolic type with 2 pilot lamps Dimensions Wheelbase 1350 mm Weight 150 Kg
- Bajaj: Why is it distinctly ahead?
- Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi: Owner's Review
- Mailbag #3: New engine in old frame?
- Bajaj's 250+ Plan musing
- Yamaha: The Road Ahead
- Bajaj Pulsar 200: The Review
- Bajaj Pulsar 200: Press Release
- Autocar India awards
- Rearset's Annual Motorcycle Awards: List Two
- Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi: Dazed and confused
- Motorcyclists: We need or we want?
- Bajaj Pulsar DTS-Fi: More images and specs
- Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi official image
- Auto Expo Photos